Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Okay but you're crazy

Every now and then we get a truly crazy person who takes up a ton of our time and in the end doesn't get anything. Today's crazy is particularly insane.

So I guess somehow this guy got the phone number of the person who runs the brand in this country and contacted them saying he was unhappy with his product. The country manager told him no problem and to speak to the district manager. So he began calling the district manager leaving messages saying, "You don't know my phone number so I'm going to need you to pick up the phone now." and then he would wait...ah I'm not sure if you know this but people haven't had answering machines for years now, he's not going to pick up.

After trying to get ahold of the district manager for a while he decided to come into our store and drop off the clothes he was unhappy with. He left no explanation as to what his issue was or what he wanted us to do for him. In fact when I asked he said he wouldn't discuss it with me, only the district manager.

Fine. So I pull the product out of the bag and look at it. First of all there's nothing wrong with any of the pieces. They've obviously been worn but aren't damaged or faded. I don't recognize the pieces so I look inside at the tag that tells you when it was made. January 2002. 2002! The clothes are literally over 10 years old! To be honest I'm impressed with how well they've lasted for 10 years.

The guy calls back to ask if the district manager looked at them yet. I tell him yes the two of us looked at them, which is true, but there is nothing wrong with the items and they're TEN YEARS OLD. He tells me he doesn't want to talk to me and that the country manager said we'd help. Really? Sure we'll help if you bought it in the last year but did you tell the manager they're 10 years old? "Well no but I assumed she knew" !?

Crazy. Crazy!

I think he won't leave his phone number because he's homeless and calling from a pay phone. Probably bought the clothes from the Salvation Army and now wants to "return" them.

Sometimes I feel like a babysitter for the insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment